[Xen-users] Xen and Linux on Intel G33 needs kernel 2.6.19+

To: "Xen Users" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen and Linux on Intel G33 needs kernel 2.6.19+
From: "Joris Dobbelsteen" <Joris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 23:42:10 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 14:41:25 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dear,

I'm looking to get Xen running on a system that (afterwards) seems a bit
too new. The board has the Intel G33 chipset with the Intel ICH9
southbridge. This chipset is NOT supported by kernel 2.6.18 which ships
with Xen 3.1.2 (and Debian Etch).

So the question is:
* What version of Xen to install to get going? Should I choose unstable?
* What distribution will be the easiest to get started? (I got a custom
Debian Etch with 2.6.23 kernel working). The system will be a server, so
I care about stability and reliability.

Does anyone have good advise?

- Joris