RE: [Xen-users] Recommended partitioning for xen host

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Recommended partitioning for xen host
From: "Artur Linhart - Linux communication" <AL.LINUX@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 13:47:08 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 04:48:09 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

        Yes, aggree with Henning - and not only this, I think better is to
allocate for Dom0 so much space to store also some future domains after the
possible memory-upgrade you can later possibly do - so for example, ich
there are 8 positions for memory in the server board, this can be a lot of
space... Sure, You have to have enough space on the given server :-)

        Later to extend the Dom0 could be a liffle bit problem, if all
remaining place is used for physical volumes in LVM.

        I also tested the situation also the Dom0 is installed on LVM - I
tried it because of the above argumentation - this is possible, but - is not
good - if You have then some problems with LVM, You cannot even boot the
Dom0 System what is pretty bad...

        Another possibility could be to map the directory for saving domain
state to some other block device, but I have no idea at this moment what
should be done for it - this should be found or possibly changed in the xen
scripts.

        With regards, Archie