RE: [Xen-users] XEN - Broadcom issue: survey

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] XEN - Broadcom issue: survey
From: "Boudreau Luc" <luc.boudreau@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 09:49:03 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 06:50:14 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
A bit more information on this issue. We decided to buy another NIC (other than
Broadcom). The part number is NC110T from HP. It's an Intel gigabit server NIC.
The problem still happens, thus eliminating the NIC problem. The card has the
latest firmware and the latest drivers (e1000 ver. 7.6.9.1-1).

The problem is still happening when we transfer large files through a
domU->External. It doesn't happen when transferring dom0->External. It is not a
simple tcp_timewait issue since the problem doesn't resolve itself after the
tcp timeout.

Is there anything I can test from me new setup that would help investigate ?

Luc Boudreau
Registrariat, Université de Montréal