[Xen-users] Windows Vista as guest in Xen 3.1

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Windows Vista as guest in Xen 3.1
From: Suscripciones de Jorge Ortalli <jorsuscrip@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 08:21:27 -0800 (PST)
Delivery-date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 08:22:10 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello everyone,

    I am beginner. I have intalled the Xen Desktop 3.1 in Kubuntu 7.10, running
in a laptop Dell 640m with a T7200 processor. I just had to enable the Intel VT
in the BIOS, and I could boot with the Xen kernel without problems (I believe).

    Now, I want to know if it is possible to start the pre-installed OS, a
Windows Vista Home Basic OEM, as a guest OS. It is already installed in the
first partition of the disk (/dev/sda1). I found a sample config file in the
xen_install_windows.pdf guide I downloaded from the Xen wiki, but it is related
to Win2k3.

My biggest doubt is if I can tell to Xen that it has to use the primary
partition of the disk (/dev/sda1) to run the Windows Vista that is already
installed on it. I thought to replace the line "disk" of the config file with
something like this:  disk = [ 'phy:/dev/sda1,sda1,w' ]. But... Will it work?

I will appreciate any help. Thanks in advance,

Jorge

      Los referentes más importantes en compra/ venta de autos se juntaron:
Demotores y Yahoo!
Ahora comprar o vender tu auto es más fácil. Vistá ar.autos.yahoo.com/