[Xen-users] Learning and new - any distro ready to install several OSs f

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Learning and new - any distro ready to install several OSs from live CD?
From: Miguel Mayol i Tur <mitcoes@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 18:36:20 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 09:37:20 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:user-agent:mime-version:to:subject:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=W+h5nJytIQHnRNWszTCpbSSD1m30OLjk8cidVQlVfbs=; b=RnOfVAQr6i1b77JDXO7lJ+1AUwXUM4xFLUOPcR8eBLJpWKBz/4cWt32M0rvHS6MxZ7CzcSKDxElP7dDIiwQD7FvC+CnNqCAQDqe9ddqlwupH+O8N0YBB7pN+TBxR/67wVOHAP1X+oMhtFCkih5TJEIE+iKJBBlzniNyzBB9Mw3k=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am reading a lot these days about XEN and VT paravirtualization.

I would like to know if it does exists a linux distro live CD/DVD that would allow me to install several OSs. I've read this implementation:

http://unit.aist.go.jp/itri/knoppix/xen/index-en.html , but I cannot dowload it

If it doesn't exist I would like a Live CD/DVD that would allow to install a Linux system and ask for the disks of other OSs to install - Windows, MSDOS, MAC Be OS2 and any other OS or distro - Then you must be able to choose to clone installed OSs, and/or to make a DVD with the ISO images of your OSs to install, and install it from this new DVD (It would be ilegal to distribute this DVD done) or step by step inserting Intallation CDs for each OS you want and having it ready in several hours - I wish minutes, but installling an OS is still hard time, and several, more.

Perhaps a mini Xen distro where you can choose your/s linux and other OSs to install would be a great product.

I think that many gamers (as me and my friends) and developers (as me and other friends of me) would like to use windows XP or Vista depending of the game with paravirtualization and with no resident antivirus (some scan sometimes is enough) for better perfomance of their games. And use a (almost) free of virus system as Linux, for Internet browsing, downloading, messaging, P2P and any other tasks with excellent opens ource software, and let windows only as a frontend for games and some exclusive applications.

This is a good time to develop this kind of distribution, becouse there are a lot of people with dual installations of XP/Vista and Tiger/Leopard becouse some programs doesn't work well in new OSs, and even there are some that has XP64/XP32/Vista64/Vista32 becouse of better performance for dfferent tasks or for testing their programs. If they can convert with an easy tool their switching rebooting and menu based with VT XEN this kind of distribution of XEN will grow as much as even PC vendors would include it as default system(s) with Linux and Windows running together.

I think this a a good slogan "RUNNING TOGETHER" for any vendor that put Linux and Windows under Xen VT on their computers.