[Xen-users] xen-cluster lvm and locking

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] xen-cluster lvm and locking
From: "Lucas Mayr" <Lucas.Mayr@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 12:27:53 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 03:29:07 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello everybody!

I want to run several DomUs in a cluster-like environment. The Dom0 machines
have access to a SAN and use LVM for disk management. Unfortunately it is
possible, that the same DomU can be started on two different Dom0s. Without a
cluster-aware file system (like gfs) a volume which is mounted with read/write
access, more then once at a time, the file system get screwed.

Is there a way to avoid starting a Dom0 simultaneously on more than one Dom0?

I have read about clvm, but i couldn't get a clue, on how it could help me.

Maybe the answer is out there, but searching didn't get me to the right place,
so please forgive me if my problem has been discussed already somewhere else in
this mailing list.

Thanks in advance!