[Xen-users] pygrub and bootparams

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] pygrub and bootparams
From: Pierre-Alain RIVIERE <pariviere@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 15:44:50 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 07:45:52 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

I'm using pygrub to boot my PV domU and I would like to pass some extra
bootparams to domU directly from pygrub.

Indeed I would like to have the ability to set Xen related boot
parameters from pygrub. 'xencons=tty' or 'mem=1024M' for example. It
should be applied to all my domU. Currently I'm setting these options in
the /boot/grub/menu.lst file of each domU.

I've tried the following
name    = 'demeter'
bootloader = '/usr/bin/pygrub'
extra   = 'mem=1024M'
name    = 'demeter'
bootloader = '/usr/bin/pygrub --args=mem=1024M'

First case did not produce any effect. Second case just refuse to start
with an "Error: Bootloader isn't executable" error.