[Xen-users] help for physical partition for booting XenU

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] help for physical partition for booting XenU
From: "techy geek" <techygeek72@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 22:31:08 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 19:31:54 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi All,

I need help for creating private file system for Guest OS: XenU

I had successfully booted my host OS with Xen0 which is running linux2.6.18 version  and is using the physical device /dev/hda1.

Now my next step is to  boot the guest OS and  for that  I first need to create the private file system for this  guest OS. As you mentioned there could be 3 methods to create a private file system:
* File Based image
* LVM Based
* Physical Partition

Now as per my understanding, File Based Image is easy to create but has some poor I/O performance and from I/O performance perspective, Physical Partition is better. My requirement for installing Xen is  to do some OS profiling on Guest OS, so that way it seems Physical Partition could be right choice for me.

Could you please let me know the step-by-step approach to set up Physical partiton for booting XenU. Also let me know the  changes I need to make for my config file for booting XenU-(Guest OS).

Also, if possible let me know for file based image so that I can have one different domain running on File Based image(File system) and can  try profiling on this also.

My available drives are /dex/hda2 /dev/sda1 /dev/sda2 /dev/sdb1 /dev/sdb2