[Xen-users] Domain hangs on startup

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Domain hangs on startup
From: Sebastian Haas <haas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 13:32:10 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 05:33:10 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello list,

I've just started to setup a server with Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon and Xen
3.1. I'm using only precompiled packages from Ubuntu repository.

Now my problem. I've created an image with xen-create-image (I'm using a
LVM-Volume (which in fact is on MD-Raid partition)). When starting the
new domain, it hangs after a while when loading the network protocols
and the local loopback device. I can't see any errors or warning it just
stops. Xentop tells me the domain is blocked. And actually the CPU is
99% idle. The hostsystem is still running without any problems.

My setup:
AMD Athlon X2 BE-2300, 2GB RAM, Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon with Linux kernel
2.6.22-xen. (CPU has pae and svm enabled)

The domain uses 512MB RAM and 512MB SWAP (on my RAID too).

Thanks in advance.

- --
Mit freundlichen Gruessen/Best Regards,

Sebastian Haas
Software Entwicklung/Software Development

Email: haas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web  : www.ems-wuensche.com
--
EMS Dr. Thomas Wuensche e.K.