Re: [Xen-users] SOLUTION - Compiled Kernel and modules for XEN3.1 on Pow

To: Ivan Porro <pivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] SOLUTION - Compiled Kernel and modules for XEN3.1 on PowerEdge 1950
From: Bas van der Vlies <basv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 16:56:00 +0200
Cc: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 07:57:00 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks,

Just a suggestion we create all or kernels via the 'make-kpkg' debian utility. It we will make a debian kernel package for you ;-)

Ivan Porro wrote:
Dear all,

since it could be of interest for the list, here I post a link to
compiled kernel for XEN 3.1 on a DELL PowerEdge 1950 compiled with
gcc (GCC) 4.1.2 20061115 (prerelease) (Debian 4.1.1-21) on a Debian4
distribution.

This is provided AS IS AND WITHOUT ANY SUPPORT AND/OR ANY RESPONSIBILITY :-)

The first link (7 MB) pack all the files you should have in /boot.
The second link (12 MB) pack the /lib/modules/2.6.18-xen directory

http://web.bio.dist.unige.it/twiki/DELL1950_XEN31_kernel.tar.bz2
http://web.bio.dist.unige.it/twiki/DELL1950_XEN31_lib_modules_2.6.18-xen.tar.

Please, don't abuse of this website. I hope there is a more convenient
place (i.e. XEN site?) for this material, if anyone want, this can be of
course mirrored.

        Ivan Porro

p.s.
eventually, credits should be given to me and University of Genoa /
BIOLAB, DIST.

--
http://www.bio.dist.unige.it
voice: +39 010 353 2789