[Xen-users] pypxeboot (a way to pxeboot pv guests)

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] pypxeboot (a way to pxeboot pv guests)
From: "Luke S. Crawford" <lsc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 16:52:20 -0700 (PDT)
Delivery-date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 16:53:09 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I see a single post by a Stephen Childs about a way to pxe-boot paravirtualized xen guests [1] but there is no follow up. I do see a link to the product in question [2]

the funny thing is that I don't see any discussion (or mention of rolling this into the main xen distro) - speaking as someone who manages many servers, virtual and non-virtual, the more I can get to run off my existing pxeboot infrastructure, the better off I am.

I have seen discussions about doing this with HVM domains, but not with paravirtualized domains. am I missing something?

[1]http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2007-02/msg00120.html

[2]https://www.cs.tcd.ie/Stephen.Childs/pypxeboot/