Re: [Xen-users] "'Invalid kernel', 'xc_dom_find_loader: no loader found\

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] "'Invalid kernel', 'xc_dom_find_loader: no loader found\n" with new vanilla 2.6.23-rc8
From: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 02:29:42 +0100
Cc: Nico Prenzel <Nico.Prenzel@xxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 18:30:32 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> At my linux-source directory, I've found one big vmlinux (45 MB). But this
> >>Can you stick the kernel online
> >>somewhere so others can have a go at booting it on their systems?
>
> Currently, I've got no webpage active. So I've packaged the created kernel
> here:

Hmmm.  The kernel vmlinuz you sent me doesn't register as a valid gzip file,
so maybe it is a bzImage.

Anyhow, I get "invalid argument" from Linux too, which is what I'd expect.

By the way, there's work being done to modify the bzImage format so that it
contains the information necessary for it to boot directly on Xen.  But it's
of a tricky process.

I've not tried building a kernel.org kernel for Xen recently but I might be
able to have a good at it and see what happens...

Cheers,
Mark

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!