Re: [Xen-users] NOT RESOLVED: Broadcom NetXtreme II (DELL 1950)

To: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] NOT RESOLVED: Broadcom NetXtreme II (DELL 1950)
From: Stefan de Konink <skinkie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 01:15:26 +0200
Cc: spandaw@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 04:39:06 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Fajar A. Nugraha schreef:
> Stefan de Konink wrote:
>> Fajar A. Nugraha schreef:
>>> One question. On your configuration, does bridge works on native Linux?
>> Nope, any bridge that touches the NIC kills the NIC.
>>
> Okay, now we're getting somewhere :)
>
> First step will be to get it working on native linux first.
>
> I use :
> - RHEL5
> - HP ProLiant DL380 G5
> - Broadcom NetXtreme II BCM5708 Gigabit Ethernet (rev 12)

Using Gentoo, with the same driver (now). The only thing I can think of
now is that the 'bridge' iptables stuff in /proc/net are set wrong again
after boot. That kill the traffic, with a working driver. I only changed
these values with the old driver while testing with a Xen host on eth1.

I'll investigate that possibility too.

Stefan