Re: [Xen-users] Software-Raid Filesystem mounted not clean

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Software-Raid Filesystem mounted not clean
From: amin <amin@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 01:37:00 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 16:38:39 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I tested a little bit,

and the problem was that the xend and the xendomains stop script in the runlevels
were at the same number:

-K20xend
-K20xendomains

i moved them to:

-K20xendomains
-K21xend

and now the domains get stopped correctly AND
my filesystem mounts and unmounts clean now.

Hi,

System:
Debian Etch 4.0 up2date
Pentium 640 ond Tyan Mainboard 2gb RAM
2x80gb Samsung SP0812C

I have a software raid and the problem that XEN doesn't mount my ROOT-filesystem as clean.

With a normal 2.6.18-5 kernel from debian i can reboot and check my filesystem with tune2fs -l /dev/md1
and it will show up with the Filesystem state : clean.

If I boot up after that with xen and do the same command it will show: not clean

A reboot after that, xen will perform a filesystem check.
The result is a reboot and a clean partition which, at this following reboot, is getting unclean.

The last message i read when i do the normal rebooting is >>> md1 still in use...

Second, i get a startup error with S02mountkernfs.sh line 22: Segmentation fault , something with /lib/init/rw/.ramfs,
when i execute the script after the bootup, it works like normal.

With the normal 2.6.18-5 kernel it's working reboot for reboot, only xen gets that error and mounts it unclean.

Thanks,
Amin