Re: [Xen-users] Upgrade to 3.1 and backout plan

To: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Upgrade to 3.1 and backout plan
From: Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 08:12:50 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 23:13:37 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Gregory Gee wrote:
>>
>>  So I am planning on upgrading my dom0 from 3.0.4 to 3.1.0.  I have
>> already done this for the domU's.  But I need to know my backout plan
>> if something doesn't go right.  I have a simple question.

On debian you just install the xen packages. Debian has replaced the
tools with wrapper scripts that check the hypervisor version in /sys/
and then start the tools of the right version.

Imho the only way to go. I just have multiple entries in grub so I can
choose the hypervisor to use.

MfG
        Goswin