Re: [Xen-users] Boot Problem with XEN 3.1.

Hi again,

Bit further now managed to boot a domU also. Read on.

Geoff Kirk wrote:
Hi,

Ok i've had another crack at this one with the modules suggestion i did this

mkinitrd -c -k 2.6.18-xen -m jbd:ext3:ide-cd:ide-disk:ide-generic:libata:jfs -f ext3 -r /dev/hda1

I got it to boot but starting xend i get this.

root@slackyxen:~# xend start
/usr/lib/python/xen/xend/server/SrvDaemon.py:20: RuntimeWarning: Python C API version mismatch for module xen.lowlevel.xc: This Python has API version 1013, module xen.lowlevel.xc has version 1012.
import xen.lowlevel.xc
/usr/lib/python/xen/util/security.py:25: RuntimeWarning: Python C API version mismatch for module acm: This Python has API version 1013, module acm has version 1012.
from xen.lowlevel import acm
/usr/lib/python/xen/xend/xenstore/xsutil.py:8: RuntimeWarning: Python C API version mismatch for module xen.lowlevel.xs: This Python has API version 1013, module xen.lowlevel.xs has version 1012.
import xen.lowlevel.xs
/usr/lib/python/xen/xend/XendBootloader.py:25: RuntimeWarning: Python C API version mismatch for module ptsname: This Python has API version 1013, module ptsname has version 1012.
from xen.lowlevel import ptsname
oot@slackyxen:~# xm list
Name ID Mem VCPUs State Time(s) /usr/lib/python/xen/util/security.py:25: RuntimeWarning: Python C API version mismatch for module acm: This Python has API version 1013, module acm has version 1012.
from xen.lowlevel import acm
Domain-0 0 104 1 r----- 73.6
To stop these warnings i did the following. Not ideal but i don;t know any otherway
edit /usr/lib/python2.5/warnings.py

Change defaultaction this...
defaultaction = "ignore"

I also need to do this.
ln -s /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8 /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.7

No idea what its about but its a step forward.

Right back to debugging.

Regards Geoff.

However for what reason may be....

After booting a domU on it i found my network-bridge scripts attempting to setup my bridge on eth1 which i don't have so no networking in the domU. My brctl show had xenbr1 instead of xenbr0 and "/etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge status" said no device eth1 (correct). To fix this i set (network-script 'network-brigde netdev=eth0') which should of been default and problem solved there.

Its a bit ugly but it seems to work so far!

Regards
Geoff.

Paradox wrote:
TNX Tim!

I try to create a initrd like this command:

mkinitrd -v -f --with=aacraid --with=sd_mod --with=scsi_mod -o initrd-2.6.18-xen.img -m 2.6.18-xen

Now seems to be XEN start but after memory message and little count down I received another error about "/etc/fstab file not found" and "no /sbin/init found on rootdev (or not mouted!)".

I can't past precise error because xen reboot system...argh...I think that initrd is bad builded!! Any modules is present in lib under initrd-tree and kernel dir in /initrd-tree/lib is relative to 2.6.21.5 kernel....it would not have to be relative to xen kernel?

You have any idea? initrd bad sure....

TNX again for you help!

Best Regards