[Xen-users] Loosing network connectivity in DomU's and crash in hypervis

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Loosing network connectivity in DomU's and crash in hypervisor
From: Klaus Steinberger <Klaus.Steinberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 19:23:36 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 10:28:16 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

i currently have big trouble with an Xen Setup using Scientific Linux 5 (a
clone of  RHEL 5)  with kernel kernel-xen-2.6.18-8.1.8.el5.x86_64 and
xen-3.0.3 .

We have  an DELL PE6800 server (4 Dual Core CPU's and 16 GByte Memory) and
several FibreChannel Storages connected. The dom0 is mainly doing nothing.
The domU's are doing the hard work serving NFS and SMB (samba).

The last two weeks it run well, before we had some crashes, and today its
again starting crashing (maybe its dependent on the network load).

Most time the domU's run well but loose any network connectivity. A "xm list"
command the shows just "Device 0 not connected"
brctl show  shows all the bridge interfaces, but no domU responds to the net.

Sometimes we have a crash of the dom0 and the hypervisor. There is an screen
dump of the console appended. It looks like something in networking code.

Any Ideas what I can do?

Sincerly,
Klaus Steinberger

--
Klaus Steinberger         Beschleunigerlaboratorium
Phone: (+49 89)289 14287  Am Coulombwall 6, D-85748 Garching, Germany