Re: [Xen-users] domU on aoe troubles (saved by losetup?)

To: "Tom Brown" <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] domU on aoe troubles (saved by losetup?)
From: "Chris Fanning" <christopher.fanning@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 17:52:03 +0200
Cc: Steven <xen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 08:52:48 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=XCmC7VYz7i95yZQ4dP8nk7Q0TEnqnQmdGoKrVAFX8F8=; b=ITm+7NmxOyB4bDDRihe+phO33LS6GLcm1o03owO1jCNotxOm+nHHjpjIDVcWEdstQzNEFXwhpvuwHpY34hTjTB6HYoDixB5E0beoUGMb+SBvyDo2CBJjOc8LH9VBp6zl0/cvX8uLFqq4JXGUrAhbOpW2xVCMbW2WoRl23VIJJ1g=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I ended up using LVM to wrap AoE.

xen1# vi /etc/lvm/lvm.conf
scan = [ "/dev/etherd" ]

xen1# pvcreate /dev/etherd/e0.0
xen1# vgcreate vg_domU_root /dev/etherd/e0.0
xen1# lvcreate -L 5g -n lv vg_domU_root

but, on booting the machine, AoE devices were not available when LVM
started so I did an ugly hack. This could be done better modifying the
services rc links.
xen1# vi /etc/init.s/rc.local
case "$1" in
    start)
        do_start
        /etc/init.d/lvm start
        ;;
    restart|reload|force-reload)
        /etc/init.d/lvm restart
        echo "Error: argument '$1' not supported" >&2
        exit 3
        ;;
    stop)
        /etc/init.d/lvm stop