[Xen-users] capture xen & dom0 serial output in HP ILO's virtual serial

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] capture xen & dom0 serial output in HP ILO's virtual serial port
From: "Tijl Van den Broeck" <subspawn@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 15:07:56 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 08:20:45 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hey,

Does anyone know how I can capture both Xen & Dom0 console output on a
"Virtual Serial Port" from HP's iLO (Integrated Lights-Out) interface?
Plain linux is no problem, but combined with Xen it seems to go
haywire :-)

So far I've been combining options and the only thing that actually
gave me some output (albeit only the Xen console, not dom0) was this:

menu.lst:
root (hd0,0)
kernel /xen.gz com1=115200 sync_console
module /vmlinuz-xen root=/dev/cciss/c0d0p3 splash=0
console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty
module /initrd-xen

The dump I got told me:
(XEN) Xen is auto-sensing VGA console.
(XEN) *** Serial input -> DOM0 (type 'CTRL-a' three times to switch
input to Xen).
(XEN) *** Serial input -> Xen (type 'CTRL-a' three times to switch
input to DOM0).
(XEN) *** Serial input -> DOM0 (type 'CTRL-a' three times to switch
input to Xen).
(XEN) *** Serial input -> Xen (type 'CTRL-a' three times to switch
input to DOM0).

But as far as I've tried & experimented with stomping 'CTRL-a',
whatever you do, you cannot grab the rest of the bootprocess from the
dom0.

Thanks in advance!