[Xen-users] windows XP Guest network doesn't work

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] windows XP Guest network doesn't work
From: "David Morris" <david.morris@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 13:28:36 -0700
Delivery-date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 13:29:11 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have Xen 3.0.3 installed on RH EL5 via RedHat RPMs.

I have a Win/XP Pro HVM and a Linux rh5 HVM. I can create both w/o a problem and
can interact with the VNC based console for both VMs.

The Linux VM interacts via DHCP, obtains an IP and seems to work fine on the
network.

The Win/XP VM doesn't work with either DHCP or a static IP address assignment.

I can see the virtual interfaces with 'brctl show' and don't recognize a
difference.

The hardware devices dialog on WinXP shows the network in the green.

What am I missing here?

Dave Morris