Re: [Xen-users] Cloning domUs

Its a question i've wondered myself. I happened to bump into this link earlier today.

http://www.linuxtopia.org/online_books/linux_virtualization/xen_3.0_user_guide/linux_virualization_xen_user_44.html

If i'm reading it correctly it might not be good idea to use too many snaphots like that which is kind of what i expected. Thought i'd share the link.

Geoff.

Artur Linhart - Linux communication wrote:
If LVM are used, what are Your opinions about the way simply to create the
snapshot volume to existing DomU and modify the configuration files on the
new volume only?

I tried it and it works OK, as far as I tested it till now... The advantage
is, You can save a lot of disk space because the data are shared by both
logical volumes till not modified... Also the snapshot creation takes1
second, so it is much more faster than copy the whole partition... Sure, for
swap I created brand new volumes, there is no reason to share the data.

Has this way some performance problems?

        With best regards,

                Archie