Re: [Xen-users] swap size on dom0

Nice to know that, my dom0's (dom0_mem=64000) are only PIII's with 512 ram i must be just lucky i don't use virt-manager i guess. Works just fantastic on debian-etch. Of course this is at home and not really working very hard.

Geoff

Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
Geoff Kirk wrote:
Yes that sound a lot too much. 1st point i would make is to pass dom0_mem=xxxxx where xxxxx is number of kilobytes to assign to dom0 (not including domU's) 128 megabytes should be more than enough (xxxxx=128000). 2nd point as a general rule i find its then good to use same amount of swap space as i have ram in that case would be 128 megabytes. I have heard in the past it used to be suggested 2x ram for swap but that much is not often needed. In general a dom0 should not require so much ram because it doesn't as a rule do anything but serve domU's. 128 megabytes of each should be plenty.
Alas! The RHEL 5 and thus the CentOS 5 Dom0's fail to run virt-install or virt-manager without at lest 500 Meg of RAM available for Dom0.