Re: [Xen-users] HVM disc image switching

To: Kevin DeGraaf <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] HVM disc image switching
From: Martin Goldstone <m.j.goldstone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 13:35:05 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 05:32:54 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I usually use 'xm block-configure domID file:/path/to/iso hdc:cdrom r'.
Often, it doesn't work the first time, but usually by doing it a second
time, and adding a second / after file:/, it works, sometimes with a
mysterious delay of several seconds.  Its also worked for me by starting
with 2 /'s and on the second time deleting one.  It almost never works
if I don't add or remove a /.

Now, there have been one or two occasions where I've had to take
additional steps.  I don't think ejecting it from within Windows has
ever helped me.

I know that this isn't ideal, but the alternative is to enable the qemu
console, which its inherent security implications.