[Xen-users] Live migration into a local machine

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Live migration into a local machine
From: Claris Castillo <ccastil@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 15:02:03 -0400
Delivery-date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 12:00:06 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,
I was wondering if is it possible to perform a "live migration" into the
same host of the original VM.
The reason why ones would like to do this is because at the end of the
"Stop-and-copy" stage  of the
live migration process there are two consistent suspended copy  of the  VM
at both A and B (original and target host),
In cases where  applications can afford a downtime on the scale of
nanoseconds this seems to be  better option than
doing hot backups (using REDO files at least).

Can anyone shed some light on this?
Thanks
cc