[Xen-users] Problems with xen bridge

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, RedesEstacioBH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Problems with xen bridge
From: "Robert Marques Maia" <rmaia.redes@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 17:54:32 -0300
Delivery-date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 13:52:32 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi dears,

I've looked about Xen bridges and couldn't resolve my problem.

I've installed on a PowerEdge 2950 the Debian Etch and Xen 3.0.3 (Debian Etch repository). He installed fine, but when I start Xen, Dom0 don't go across the bridge, that is, Dom0 can't communicate with to the network. The configuration is all ok, and when I go up anyone other DomU, the Dom's communicates between itself ok, but not from the real network (vif's not reaches peth).

When I set my "/etc/network/interfaces" like bellow, he works ok, communicates ok inter Dom's and across the bridge, but don't up the peth0:

auto xenbr0
iface xenbr0 inet static
           address 172.30.1.51
           netmask 255.255.255.0
           gateway 172.30.1.254
           broadcast 172.30.1.255
           bridge_ports eth0
           bridge_maxwait 0

When I set my "/etc/network/interfaces" like bellow, any Dom don't communicate across the bridge, but peth0 up normally:

allow-hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet static
       address 172.30.1.51
       netmask 255.255.255.0
       gateway 172.30.1.254
       broadcast 172.30.1.255

I think the first configuration I made, despite works normally, not is the correct configuration. I followed many tutorials from the Internet but I dindn't have solution for my problem.

Sorry my bad english... ;-)

--
1998© - Robert M. Maia

"All mushrooms are eatable, some only once."

"A ignorância e o senso-comum, muitas vezes, caminham lado-a-lado, apresentando reflexos equivocados do conhecimento científico."