Re: [Xen-users] vcpu-list state question

Tim Boyer wrote:
Tim Boyer wrote:
What exactly does the 'state' column in vcpu-list mean?
I'm still trying to
track down this errant Win2K cpu, and while xm list tells
me I have one cpu:
[root@defiant xen]# xm list plcdata
Name ID Mem(MiB) VCPUs
State   Time(s)
plcdata 19 2064 1
-b----    768.9
vcpu-list is - I think - telling me something else:

[root@defiant xen]# xm vcpu-list plcdata
Name                              ID VCPUs   CPU State   Time(s) CPU
Affinity
plcdata 19 0 0 r--
769.8 any cpu
plcdata 19 1 - --p
 0.0 any cpu
Hi Time,

I found -
Lists the guest systems and the states that they are in. The states are r for running, b for blocked, p for paused, s for shutdown, c for crashed and finally d for dying.
http://mail.digicola.com/wiki/index.php?title=User:Martin:Xen_FC5
http://docs.anykey.se/xen-ubuntu/using-xen-tools-and-creating-
virtual-machines

What I would like is a good install doc for Fedora 7.

Cheers!
Paul Van Allsburg

Paul -

That's what the 'xm list' states mean, but I haven't seen anything that
states that the 'xm vcpu-list' states are the same.  How do you pause or
block a CPU?

-- tim --

Hi Tim,
I did find a little more on states at: http://linux.die.net/man/1/xm
I did not get the xm man pages when I installed xen during the F7 install. Should have, that is an oversight somewhere.

-paul