[Xen-users] Setting enviroment variables for qemu, when calling xm for a

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Setting enviroment variables for qemu, when calling xm for a hvm guest
From: Theo Cabrerizo Diem <diem@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 18:46:14 +0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 09:44:48 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

I have a working xen setup (3.0.4 hypervisor, 2.6.18 debian kernel),
which I can create my hvm hosts with no problem at all ...

But I decided do enable soundcard support .. and enabling the
soundhw='es1370' config I have a soundcard listed ... but (at least in
my debian box) it uses the OSS emulation (yes, I have alsa modules, and
it loads the ALSA oss emulation) .. and that locks the sound device once
the hvm guest is running :( .

In QEmu docs, there's an option, by running "export QEMU_AUDIO_DRV=alsa"
should switch it's driver to use alsa instead of OSS ... but .. how can
this be done on Xen ? How can I set enviroment variables to qemu
backend ? :( ..

Thanks,

Theo Diem