Re: [Xen-users] Cannot start domains after FC6->F7 upgrade

To: Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Cannot start domains after FC6->F7 upgrade
From: Gerry Reno <greno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 20:31:27 -0400
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 17:29:44 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
Huh. Running a more recent Xen release with an older kernel on Fom0 is kind of begging for incompatibility, I'd suspect.

What is in /var/log/xen/*? And what does "yum list extras" say, in case you pulled non-FC6 or non-FC7 packages while working with things? And have you tried building any new images and looking for differences in the config files? FC6 was xen 3.0.3, FC7 is Xen 3.1.0.

Nico,
I'm steering away from trying to get cross version working - too many dependencies. What has to happen in our case is that Fedora has to fix the libata problems so that we could use an F7 kernel. I may try just getting VMWare server working in the interim until libata gets fixed and we can go back to using Xen.