RE: [Xen-users] Why cannt I boot 128 ttylinux VMs?

To: "Liao, Guangdeng" <guangdeng.liao@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Why cannt I boot 128 ttylinux VMs?
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 11:30:16 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 02:28:35 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You are most likely running out of the Xen Heap - in 32-bit it's
defaulting to 12MB, in 64-bit it's 16MB.

If you're using 64-bit, all you need to do is set "xenheap_megabytes=XX"
on the command-line for xen.gz in your boot configuration.

For 32-bit, it's a bit harder, as it's a "compiled in" option. You need
to change DIRECTMAP_MBYTES in .../xen/include/asm-x86/config.h to make
the heap bigger.

Since you want 128 VM's and you get 116, you shouldn't need to increase
it very much, just one or two MB would probably be sufficient.

--
Mats