Re: [Xen-users] Console hangs on Xen 3.1 Ubuntu Feisty Server

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Console hangs on Xen 3.1 Ubuntu Feisty Server
From: Matthias Wuerthele <M.Wuerthele@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 15:15:18 +0200
Delivery-date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 06:13:30 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Paul,
i already found your posting.
In my case your solution did not work. When i use debootstrap to install feisty i have /etc/event.d/tty 1-6. I copied tty2 into tty0 and changed everything in it referencing to tty2 to tty0 but i have still the same issue. The console gets stuck during bootup. I can close console (Ctrl5) and open it again. There are no errors or something but a black screen.
Matthias

Paul Waldo schrieb:
Matthias Wuerthele wrote:
Hi,
i just installed Xen 3.1 in ubuntu feisty server. I created a
paravirtualized domU using debootstrap scripts.
Now i can boot this new feisty domU and connect to it using 'xm
console'. My problem is that the console stops working during bootup.
The last message i see is 'lo: Disabled Privacy Extensions' and then
nothing. The domU is running anyhow. I can connect to it using ssh and i
can ping it but the xm console is dead.
What could be the problem ?

Thank you
Matthias
Matthias,

I ran into this problem also.  See attached email for my solution.  HTH!

Paul

Re: [Xen-users] Problem connecting to console