Re: [Xen-users] HVM problem installing suse

To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] HVM problem installing suse
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 09:18:55 +0700
Delivery-date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 19:17:07 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Chris Richardson wrote:
> Hi i am trying to install suse 10.2 as a guest hvm on a 64b xen 3.1
> dom0 and the problem i am running into is after it starts the boot
> process it says isolinux blah load... and just sits there. My quess is
> that it is getting to suse graphic insaller and chocking.
Exactly. And I bet you're using Intel CPU :)
It's the boot splash screen, actually, that's causing the problem. The
GUI installer should work just fine.
> any one have any ideas? i have tryed it with stdvga 1/0 with no luck.
> would using sdl possibley work? if so how would i go about doing that?

Try searching list archive for details. Some possibilites include :
- use AMD :)
- create a custom boot device (CD/USB/etc) that doesn't display graphic
splash screen on boot
- install on qemu first, use Xen to boot it afterwards.

Regards,

Fajar