Re: [Xen-users] How do I upgrade from 2.6.18 to 2.6.18-4?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] How do I upgrade from 2.6.18 to 2.6.18-4?
From: Dominik Klein <dk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 13:11:00 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 04:09:10 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Now on reboot the modules aren't loading complaining about unknown symbols, etc.
So I've done something (or somethings) wrong.

What is the correct proceedure?

It has been discussed many times on this list that upgrading to another kernel, even if just a seemingly small step as in your case, is nothing an average user should try to do. It takes deep knowledge and understanding of kernel and xen code.

Even if you get it working you will propably be less stable than what it may look like in the first place. So bottom line is something like "if you do not really know what you are doing, don't try it and don't expect any support".

Regards
Dominik