Re: [Xen-users] Fedora Core 6

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, aaragao@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Fedora Core 6
From: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 18:29:20 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 10:28:00 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi there,

I'm afraid I've not used Xen Enterprise at all; I'm only familiar with the
open source version of Xen.  Do you find it works well for you?

> I have a machine with Xen Enterprise 3.2 but with no VT registers. I
> would like to know how can I install a Fedora Core 6 ou CentOS 5 (which
> are modified for use with Xen). There is no instalation template with
> access to CD (I will use an ISO) to install this kind of systems.

The only way I know of to do this is to configure a domain with a virtual disk
to install to and with access to the ISO.  Then you boot the domain using the
Xenified kernel image and Xenified installer initrd on the CD itself.  The
initrd takes care of loading Anaconda from the disk and running the install.

Is it possible to do something like this under Xen Enterprise?

Also, there are support forums for XenSource products here:
http://forums.xensource.com/index.jspa
you might find these more useful, since the people on this mailing list are
mostly familiar with the open source version of Xen and not with XenSource's
commercial products.

Cheers,
Mark

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.