RE: [Xen-users] howto xen 3.1 +debian etch or testing ?

To: "ko0nz" <yesiko0nz@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] howto xen 3.1 +debian etch or testing ?
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 11:52:34 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 30 May 2007 02:51:22 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

There should be no big difference between 3.0 and 3.1, except perhaps
that 3.1 wants a couple of extra packages that 3.0 didn't need [all
those should be "checked" for when building, so it should be "noticed"
before the build fails].

Whether you use Debian, RedHat, SuSE, Ubuntu, or whatever, shouldn't
make much difference at all - of course, the method of installing
packages is different, but other than that, all distros use the same
gcc, gnu-make and tools - slight difference in versions depending on the
age of the distro, of course - again, there are checks in the build
process to check that the tools are "modern enough".

--
Mats