Re: [Xen-users] AMD or Intel?

To: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] AMD or Intel?
From: lists <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 11:31:37 +0100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 25 May 2007 03:30:02 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Petersson, Mats wrote:

> [...]
On a somewhat related topic, my understanding is that Barcelona/K10 will
provide hardware (IO-MMU?) that will allow expansion cards (PCI, AGP,
PCIe, etc.) to be virtualised. Currently, if an expansion card were to
attempt to access RAM in a guest it would be accessing the RAM at that
address in the host, i.e., memory accesses in guests are not mapped to
the appropriate memory in the host. Is it true that Barcelona/K10 will
provide functionality to solve this problem? If so, has any work been
done on supporting this hardware in Xen?

I would dearly love to reduce my impact on the environment via my energy
bill by plugging more video cards into my server in my cellar. :-)

Steve.