[Xen-users] Resizing File Based DomU

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Resizing File Based DomU
From: Jonny <jonny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 04:58:42 -0400 (EDT)
Delivery-date: Mon, 14 May 2007 01:54:46 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am trying to resize a file based guest DomU while it is shut down. It seems
that all the information that I can find relates to resizing ext3 file systems
and there in no information (that works) on Reiserfs.

The first thing that I try to do is to verify that Reiserfs tools work, so I
execute this (hda is the domU file system file):

reiserfsck --check hda

and I get this:
===========================
Will read-only check consistency of the filesystem on image
Will put log info to 'stdout'

Do you want to run this program?[N/Yes] (note need to type Yes if you do):Yes

reiserfs_open: the reiserfs superblock cannot be found on image.
Failed to open the filesystem.

If the partition table has not been changed, and the partition is
valid  and  it really  contains  a reiserfs  partition,  then the
superblock  is corrupted and you need to run this utility with
--rebuild-sb.

Any suggestions where to go from here, I am completely stuck. This is on Suse
10.2.

reiserfsck -V
reiserfsck 3.6.19 (2003 www.namesys.com)

the same version is shown on Dom0 and DomU.

Jonny