[Xen-users] RE: 32bit domU in 64 bit dom0

To: "Omer Khalid" <Omer.Khalid@xxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] RE: 32bit domU in 64 bit dom0
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 11:33:24 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 10 May 2007 02:32:09 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

32-bit PAE Para-virtual domains will need 3.1.0 (the version formerly
known as 3.0.5) to work correctly, yes.

HVM domains should work straight away in 3.0.3, but there may of course
be OTHER things that make this not work, if that's what you've tried.

> I guess 3.0.5 would be out in few weeks, but it would be
> great if some one could point me to the code branch in Xen's
> source repository which have got this functionality implemented?

There's rc10 at the moment in
http://xenbits.xensource.com/xen-3.1-testing.hg

I'm not sure how long before 3.1.0 comes out, but it should be fairly
soon. If you want to use this feature, I would recommend that you get
the latest version of 3.1-testing and check it out, just in case there's
some minor bugs that can be fixed before the release!

--
Mats