[Xen-users] xm block-detach command fails in XEN 3.0.4

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] xm block-detach command fails in XEN 3.0.4
From: "Vamsee Krishna Kotha" <vamsee.kotha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 18:12:06 +0530
Delivery-date: Tue, 08 May 2007 05:43:31 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I have installed Xen 3.0.4 bundled with SLES 10 SP1 RC3.
I have booted SLES 10 Sp1 with XEN kernel.
I am trying to install SLES 10 Sp1 guest, everything was fine until the installtion asked for the 2nd disk.
I have followed the following steps to detach  disk1
xm block-list (here i got the Vdev id for the disk to detach)
xm block-detach vm_id vdev_id
But, the disk did not get detached.The Vdev id is shown under xm block-list.

The man page of "xm" states that "xm block-detach" needs a fix.
Is there any workaround for this problem

Thanks in advance,
Vamsee