Re: [Xen-users] pciback vs. qemu-dm vs. ?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] pciback vs. qemu-dm vs. ?
From: John S Williams <hogleg_willy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 05:55:20 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 03:54:11 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mark Williamson wrote:
If you have a dedicated PCI card and really want to use Xen then I suspect that the most likely way to do things will be to fiddle with pciback a bit more. Bear in mind that you're making the domain with the PCI card trusted (potentially as much as dom0 itself) by giving it a PCI device to play with.

Cheers,
Mark
Thanks for the reply, Mark...

How do I go about debugging the domU handoff. Why does it think that the device is not present. I see it in /sys/bus/pci/drivers/pciback, and I see no bttv or bt878 drivers listed. So I think the blacklisting is working. Is there another log file that I can check, or perhaps is there a set of debug modules that I can install?

I noted that this issue came up earlier on the mailing list and no resolution was posted. It may very well be a distinct issue with this type of capture card.

John