RE: [Xen-users] DomU Kernel Mapping

To: zvoice@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] DomU Kernel Mapping
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 11:09:39 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 02:09:02 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1. Please don't write to ME personally, unless I initiated such communication
(I'm not charging for my advice [I'm paid by AMD to develop the Xen kernel, and
as part of that, I monitor the mailing lists and reply when I think I can offer
advice.], so it's not fair that some people get advice that others don't have
access to). Also, I may be an expert on some areas of Xen, but I don't know
everything. Even if I give an answer, someone else may have a BETTER or
different answer, and if I'm wrong, someone will most likely say so. If you
communicate with only me, you would not get those answers.

2. I did see your question, but I didn't think I had a good answer to your
question - others have (much) more experience with bridge-setups than I do.

3. Bridge-code in Xen is generic bridge code for Linux, so it's not unique (or
in other ways special) to Xen - not even modified.

4. What version of Xen are you running and are you running full-virtualization
(HVM) or para-virtualization (PV) guests?

--
Mats