[Xen-users] networking and ethtool

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] networking and ethtool
From: Shish <shish@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 20:40:14 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 12:39:08 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I've installed xen many times, on many bits of hardware, but never have
I managed to get networking to work properly without having to use
ethtool. It says in /etc/network/interfaces that this is a known
problem, with a known fix, so why isn't the fix applied by default?

If there is good reason for it not to be fixed, could ethtool at least
be included in a base DomU install? It's a pain to install it after the
DomU is set up, since the DomU has no network access...

    -- Shish