[Xen-users] Re: vncviewer configuration problem

To: trilok nuwal <tc.nuwal@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: vncviewer configuration problem
From: Anthony Liguori <anthony@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 10:55:44 -0500
Cc: Xen list <Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 02:44:33 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
trilok nuwal wrote:
Hi All,

I am creating a HVM domain on RHEL5 with config file as below.

--
import os, re
arch = os.uname()[4]
if re.search('64', arch):
    arch_libdir = 'lib64'
else:
    arch_libdir = 'lib'
kernel = "/usr/lib/xen/boot/hvmloader"
builder='hvm'
memory =2000
name = "Dom-El4"
vcpus=8
vif = [ 'mac=00:50:56:05:b7:9a, bridge=xenbr0' , 'bridge=xenbr1' ]
disk = [ 'phy:/dev/cciss/c0d1,hda,w' ]
device_model='/usr/' + arch_libdir + '/xen/bin/qemu-dm'
sdl=0
vnc=1
vncviewer=1
vncpasswd=""
#ne2000=1
serial='pty'
usb=1
usbdevice='mouse'

Not that is going to fix your problem, but there is really no utility in having usbdevice='mouse'. It will only slow down your doman.

You either want to have usbdevice='tablet' which gives you an absolute mouse or you want to use the builtin PS/2 mouse.

The USB mouse is really just for testing purposes.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

--
Its starting the domain but i am unable to connect to this by vncviewer. Could anybody point out what could be wrong in configuration ?

When i try to connect the vncviewer to remote machine it is giving below output.
abc@tnuwal:~> vncviewer
vncviewer: ConnectToTcpAddr: connect: Connection refused
Unable to connect to VNC server

Thanks,
Trilok