Re: [Xen-users] Open-iSCSI

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Open-iSCSI
From: "Angel Lopez" <angel@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 13:41:06 +0200 (CEST)
Delivery-date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 04:40:04 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

It seems that my problem is the CRC checking for module versions in
/lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/Module.symvers are diferent from the
versions of the Open-iSCSI modules (iscsi_tcp.ko, libiscsi.ko and
scsi_transport_iscsi.ko) that I have built.

Before installing Open-iSCSI:

# nm /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/scsi/libiscsi.ko | grep
iscsi_conn_setup
a884cb50 A __crc_iscsi_conn_setup
00001aeb T iscsi_conn_setup
00000048 r __kcrctab_iscsi_conn_setup
0000018e r __kstrtab_iscsi_conn_setup
00000090 r __ksymtab_iscsi_conn_setup

# grep iscsi_conn_setup /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/Module.symvers
0xa884cb50      iscsi_conn_setup        drivers/scsi/libiscsi
EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL

After installing Open-iSCSI:

# nm /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/scsi/libiscsi.ko | grep
iscsi_conn_setup
4184140d A __crc_iscsi_conn_setup
00001c14 T iscsi_conn_setup
00000048 r __kcrctab_iscsi_conn_setup
0000018e r __kstrtab_iscsi_conn_setup
00000090 r __ksymtab_iscsi_conn_setup

So I think that I should fix that 4184140d and change it to a884cb50

When you use Open-iSCSI... how do u fix the versions? Is there any script
or something like that?

Thanks.

> Hi,
>
> I need some help to get Open-iSCSI working. I have installed Xen in a
> Debian Etch system (xen-linux-system-2.6.18-4-xen-686 package).
>
> I downloaded open-iscsi-2.0-754.tar.gz and did make and make install.
>
> When I start the iscsid service the iscsi_tcp kernel module loads, but the
> ib_iser kernel module fails and I got these messages with dmesg:
>
> ib_iser: disagrees about version of symbol iscsi_conn_setup
> ib_iser: Unknown symbol iscsi_conn_setup
> ib_iser: disagrees about version of symbol iscsi_verify_itt
> ib_iser: Unknown symbol iscsi_verify_itt
>
> ... and so on.
>
> I have used open-iscsi before and it's the first time that i get this
> error messages... is it something wrong with the 2.6.18-4 ??? Any idea to
> solve this?
>
> Thanks.

Un saludote.