RE: [Xen-users] Using the -xen kernel rather than -xen0/U

To: "Nicolai Lang" <nicolai@xxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Using the -xen kernel rather than -xen0/U
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 12:50:50 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 03:50:18 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You're looking at a small amount of extra space used - some megabytes at
the most.

If you're planning to run many DomU's, then using a stripped down kernel
that only contains what you actually need is a good plan. But since your
system has a single processor at relatively slow speed, I'd expect
you're not planning to run tens or hundreds of guests... ;-) So is the
saving of maybe 2-4 megabyte per guest worth the bother of figuring out
exactly which options in the kernel you actually need and how to strip
off the bits you don't need?

--
Mats