RE: [Xen-users] How can I create another privileged domian?

To: "Ashit Kumar" <Ashit_Kumar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Prabhakar Chaganti" <pchaganti@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] How can I create another privileged domian?
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 16:04:51 +0100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 08:05:19 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You'd have to add that pass-through into the configuration file of the
DomU you decide should use that device - I'm not an expert on how this
works, so I can't say exactly how that statement would look.

I think (from "xm create --help_config|grep pci") that you'd add
"pci=14.05.0" to the config file.

Once the device has been taken by a domain, it can't be used by any
other (at  least, it shouldn't be allowed).

Note that this doesn't make this domain PRIVILEGED, it still can't
control other domains for example. It just allows the domain to control
that SCSI device (and any attached functionality).

--
Mats