[Xen-devel] question about xm mem-max and xm mem-set without rebooting V

hi
I use  xen-3.0.3,and  boot up a VM with its config file "mem=256"
and during VM running, I try to" xm mem-max it 512 "and "xm mem-set it 512"
then without rebooting VM, I run an application to allocate and wirte/read memory(say size >240M),but it fails
and cat /proc/meminfo in the VMshell, VM does not have 512M memory

but if rebooting VM after xm mem-max 512 and xm mem-set 512, the application will work well

does the"xm mem-max and xm mem-set" have to be followed by a rebooting VM to make it work ,or how to make it work without rebooting VM?

nowadays ,does xen support the "xm mem-max" without rebooting VM ,or not ?

or does future version support it  or does anyone work to achieve it ?

could you help me
Thanks in advance