[Xen-users] networking setup

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] networking setup
From: "Mihamina (R12y) Rakotomandimby" <mihamina.rakotomandimby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 18:14:57 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 11:37:54 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I have a computer with only one (working) network interface: eth0
It's running Debian Sid.
I want setup a bridge on it, in order to connect domUs to the net.

The departure is a working/up eth0.
Then I add the bridge
        $BRCTL addbr $BRNAME

Then I put some commands I found on some tutorials:
        $BRCTL stp $BRNAME off
        $BRCTL sethello $BRNAME 0
        $BRCTL setfd $BRNAME 0

Then
        ifconfig $BRNAME $IP netmask 255.255.255.0 up
where $IP is the IP address of the working eth0.

Then
        $BRCTL addif $BRNAME eth0
        route add default gw $MY_GW dev $BRNAME

So:
The "eth0" has not been set down. Is it wrong?
If I set it down, the "addif" does not make it listed by "ifconfig".
But "ifconfig eth0" shows eth0 (I must explicitely mention eth0... I dont know
why)
No domU is created yet.
With this configuration, I can ping external machines (google, yahoo,...)
But not my LAN computers. The LAN is 192.68.2.0/24.
Although I put an explicite route (-host option), I cant reach my LAN.

I am quite surprised outside network is reached but not LAN. I dont see what
did I forgot. Would you help me?

Thank you.