[Xen-users] Qemu with accelerator module in Xen domU - does it work?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Qemu with accelerator module in Xen domU - does it work?
From: Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu <m3freak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 15:56:06 -0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 12:55:40 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello All,

I noticed today that Fabrice GPL'ed the kqemu accelerator kernel module
for Qemu (earlier this year I think).  I know that Qemu can already run
fully virtualized OSes in a Xen domU because qemu runs in user space,
but it can be slow without kqemu speeding things up.

In the past kqemu couldn't run in Xen domU.  But, has this changed with
the kqemu code going GPL: has support been added to qemu and kqemu to
run them in a Xen domU?

I tried to find information on this, but so far I haven't turned up
anything recent (lots of old stuff from 2005/early 2006 that says what
I'm asking is not possible).

Thanks,

Ranbir

--
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu
Linux 2.6.19-1.2911.6.5.fc6 i686 GNU/Linux