[Xen-users] Does XEN support crash carts?

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Does XEN support crash carts?
From: "Hulegaard, Steffen" <steffen.hulegaard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 10:01:53 -0800
Delivery-date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 02:31:55 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
     While VNC/xvncd is usually good enough, it
doesn’t work if the NIC is down.  So is there a
way to switch amongst guest VM’s once a crash cart’s
monitor/keyboard/mouse is attached to the
video/USB/etc. ports (on the back of the physical
box running XEN)?

     For the network down (out-of-band)
emergencies, is there a way to
switch amongst domain and/or guest VM
consoles once a crash cart ‘terminal’ (i.e.
terminal emulator, hyperterm, etc.) is
attached to the (primary) serial port
on the back (of a physical box running XEN)?

     I see that any given VM can be configured
to map the VM /dev/ttyS0 (console) to the physical
serial port – but that would only work for one
of the VMs at a time … right?  I’m wondering
if there is some ‘hot key sequence’ (e.g. +++,
^]) that would enable somebody to switch
between the various, VM-specific serial ports
(while attached to the physical serial port)?

Thanks, Steffen.