[Xen-users] ACPI, Vista and Xen

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] ACPI, Vista and Xen
From: Lutrin Jean <jeanlutrin@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 19:58:04 +0100 (CET)
Delivery-date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 10:57:19 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

I'm running XP and 2003 Server fine as HVM guests
(under a 32 bit non-pae Xen 3.0.3 self-compiled).

I've read that Vista can *not* be /installed/ under
Xen for it checks for ACPI support and install fails
if it isn't present.

What if I do the install first from, say, plain Qemu
(I're reused qemu images from Xen) or VMWare (I've
converted VMWare image to Xen ones) then try to reuse
the image from Xen?  For example my XP fails to
install under Xen, but works flawlessly if I first
install it under qemu, then reuse the image from Xen.
Would that trick work for Vista?

What about Xen-unstable, is Vista supported?

Basically I'm very interested if anyone here is
successfully *running* Vista under Xen, whichever the
installation method was (and what it was ;)

Any infos greatly appreciated, with any version of
Vista (ignoring all the legal issues of the EULA and
the legality of the EULA itself),

Jean